We carry out all types of service and repair work, from simple replacement of parts through to full overhauls and everything in between.
Our mechanics are experienced, helpful and Cytech Level 2 or 3 qualified. We pride ourselves on a consistent, high standard of work with a fast turnaround.
If you are unsure what work needs carrying out we will happily look at your bike and give you a free estimate.
Safety Check-Up – £15.00
Our Cytech-qualified mechanics will give your bike a full safety-check, a bit like giving your bike an MOT. Perfect if your bike has been hibernating over winter or endured heavy use.
We systematically check your bike including brakes, gears, tyres & tyre pressures. We will diagnose any issues that we find and provide you with a checklist to take away so that you know what additional work we recommend.
If further work is recommended and you choose to upgrade to a standard service with us we will refund the cost of your safety check-up.
Standard Service – £45.00
- Tune up and safety check.
- Visual inspection (check for damage/wear)
- Check torque settings (or general tightness of bolts)
- Cranks and pedals
- Wheel true (on bike)
- Pressure in tyres
- Tune brakes
- Tune gears
- Replacement of brake blocks if necessary at no additional labour charge
*All parts are chargeable and fitting will incur extra labour charges (except brake blocks)
Full Service – £95.00
- This is the full overhaul, your bike will be stripped back to the frame, cleaned (using our environmentally-friendly Smartwasher Parts Cleaning System) and reassembled. All bearing assemblies will be serviced and any new parts fitted without incurring additional labour charges. All parts are chargeable and the service of hydraulic brakes or suspension will incur an extra charge.
- If you use your bike regularly it would be a good idea to have a full service at least once a year (more if you use your bike in all weather conditions), this will help keep your bike in good running order.
- Hub Service £15.00
- Freehub replacement £5.00
- Wheel true – £10.00 (plus £5.00 tyre removal/replacement)
- Spoke replacement plus true – £15.00 (plus £5.00 each tyre/disc/cassette/freewheel removal/replacement)
- Build wheel – Price dependent on specification
- Fitting new tyres – £8.00 each
- Fitting new inner tubes – £5.00 each
Gears and Drivetrain
- Tune gear – £8.00 each
- Straighten mech hanger £15.00
- Fitting new chain – £5.00
- Fitting new chainset – £15.00
- Fitting new cassette/freewheel – £5.00
- Replacing gear shifters – £15.00 each
- Replacing derailleurs – £15.00 each
- Bottom bracket service/replacement – £20.00
- Fitting new gear cables plus adjust – £10.00 each
- Fitting brakes – £15.00 each
- Bleeding brakes – £15.00 each
- Fitting new cables plus adjust (brakes/gears) – £10.00 each
- Tune brake – £8.00 each
- Fitting new brake blocks – £8.00 per pair
- Fitting new disc pads – £10.00 per pair
- Headset service or replacement – £20.00
- Fitting general accessories – £5.00
- Fitting full mudguards – £15.00
- Fitting a cycle computer – £10.00
- Fitting grips – £5.00
- Taping handlebars – £10.00
- Cleaning bike – £10.00 (Bucket wash)
- Drivetrain clean – £20.00 (on bike using Smartwasher Parts Cleaning System)